Sunday 10 October 2010

Leicester Marathon 10-10-2010


So here I am No.10 on the 10th Oct 2010 i.e. 10-10-10...! Quite ironic really that I should reach my target on this day but I did plan that way honest...!

I suppose I should waffle on about what an experience it was to run No.10 but to me it was just another race that I needed to get through without failing at the last hurdle..!!!

It's not ideal race given the early start and the 150miles to get there but I was there ready to line up...

The early stages were through the town so nothing to write home about as with the latter stages but the middle section was through rolling countryside...

Miles passed me by and with 20 in site I new the goal was to be reached even if I walked the last 6miles... With a quick pace in the early stages I was made to pay in those 6 miles and the hill upto 26 took its toll with the odd walk required but once to the top it was the so called sprint finish and with a fist in the air I'd done it...!

No.10 completed on the 10-10-10 in 03:32:06...

Unfortunately with no-one there to support me the celebrations were kept to a minimum but without sounding too selfish this was my challenge and my personal achievement..!!!!

Despite those words I do appreciate all the support I've had and the money that has been donated to a very worthy cause.... Demelza..!!!

Thank you..!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment