Friday 22 January 2010

1 Day to go..!!!!


Despite the grim weather of the last few weeks training has gone pretty well with mileage not really suffering even though the snow seemed to last forever…

Weekday runs consisted of varied sessions given the icy conditions but I was tempted to take out the camera on one occasion, to capture the picturesque countryside, but after dropping my key whilst playing David Bailey and having to return 2hrs later to find it I won’t be doing that again..!!!

The last 7 days has seen me take it easy to a point where I was actually missing the early morning starts and the 7-8miles before breakfast but the plan says taper so taper it is… NB The 22miler last weekend wasn’t in the plan but after the weeks of snow covered paths / roads the thought on putting some distance on the grass tracks and paths was too tempting so it had to be done..!!!

After weeks of preparation I felt I was set for Gloucester 2010 but unfortunately after weeks of avoiding sickly people and the dreaded winter colds it would seem that the defences have been broken and 2 days before my Challenge is due to start I have a ‘cold’..!!! Typical..!!!

Sunday’s marathon will be interesting but hopefully the fresh air and 26.2miles will clear my head and come 3pm on Sunday, marathon No.1 (of 2010) would have been completed..!!! Watch this space..!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment