Friday 12 February 2010

Steady Sessions

Not a great deal to really to say since Gloucester as I’ve done nothing other than work & run...

Having to run 2 marathons in a week in April, I thought rather than taking a break after the marathon I would maintain, as much as possible, the training schedule and go for a long run the following week... To my surprise and despite it being tough (by the way of energy) I pulled it off and 20miles was run at 8:30 pace 7 days after running a sub 3:30... So Brighton & London in a week doesn’t seem so daunting now but I will not be taking anything for granted..!!!

Whilst checking out the forthcoming race calendar I received an entry form for the Oakley 20... A race well organised by Bedford Harriers which takes place in late March... I ran it last year as a preparation for London 09 and despite saying that I’d only concentrate on the 26.2’s I am very tempted to run this year’s race as a training run with no particular goal..!

Training currently consisting of 3 7-8 miles sessions in the week combining tempo / intervals with a steady run on a Saturday (typically 6 miles) and a 20-23 miler on Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment