Monday 8 March 2010

Duchy Preparation

In preparation for the Duchy and the fact the Glide Mk 1's were starting to take their toll on my feet, on long runs, plus the fact I was nearing 700 miles in them I felt it was time to get a new pair...

Prior to Adidas Glides my preference had been Supernova Cushion but I can't seem to find them anymore... Adidas? Doesn't my choice matter???? The Glide are a different shoe for me but a PB at Gloucester must mean they don't feel too bad..! After shopping around I finally got a discounted pair but why is it when you go for last years colours they knock off £30? Does the colour really matter?

Anyway 'Startfitness' promptly sent them along with a free pair of socks and a run log which I'll use next year!

That left one more item, the Demelza running top so after a call and a few days of waiting it arrived... After several comments from the kids on how I would look and the fact I offered / agreed to wear a red wig at one of my runs the laughing stopped... It'll be shame if I can't find one..!

Now back to the serious stuff... Training..!

It has gone pretty well since Gloucester but the old back has been giving me grief... Fortunately though, not to the point where I haven't been able to run...!

The last week saw a 20miler and then a taper so fingers crossed for the Duchy..!

No comments:

Post a Comment