Sunday 11 July 2010

Cliffe Woods 10K - July 2010

As many would know I am not a short distance runner and this is the only 10k I run given its for a local charity and the fact I can actually run to the start…

Unfortunately the turn out this year didn’t match previous years given the date clashed with other local races so a typically strong field of club runners were spread over these events…

After 6 months of marathons, I felt sub 45mins was achievable but a PB was not on the cards…

As usual the first 5K was completed in just under the 21min mark but the second was slower given ‘very’ gradual climbs…

By the 9k mark the legs had started to warm up and feel comfortable which helped me to cruise through the last 1000m’s and take a minute off some that I had been with for the majority of the race… Crossing the line I n 43:21

My times in last 3yrs have been within 40secs of each other so maybe next year I’ll return and get that sub 41…

Right back to the 26milers...!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment