Friday 23 April 2010

Heading Towards The 1st Virgin London Marathon..!!!

Following last weeks Brighton marathon and a single day of rest I was back out pounding the streets to see how the legs would cope and loosening up any stiffness…

With 4 mile runs completed on Tuesday / Wednesday and I felt surprisingly good..!

So with that under my belt, I headed towards the VLM Expo and the typical bag of goodies but more importantly the ‘Race Number’

There was certainly a buzz of excitement in the air and a keenness by all to get to that start line but for now it was a case of enjoy the rest and soak up the atmosphere…

Given the constant talk of marathons and to see what a friendly bunch we are, a friend of mine also came along to check it outExpo…

Unfortunately it didn't have the same appeal seeing he'd entered the ballot, like the 1000's of others, only to be told ‘SORRY there’s always next year but for your trouble, plus your £30, here’s a consolation gift of a jacket’ fondly named the losers jacket amongst work colleagues…

NB For those who didn’t notice you could have picked up the same jacket for £15 at the Expo…

It's now Friday, I'm sitting here twiddling my thumbs thinking what do I do next other than load up on them carbs…??? Perhaps prey for a little rain or even cooler weather..???

Either way I’m as ready as I’ll ever be for Challenge No.4..!!!

See you at the 26.2mile mark i.e. the FINISH..!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Simon,

    How did VLM go for you?? Update please!

    Thomas

    ReplyDelete